eBay Seller Central Discussion Board

Learn all the latest selling tips, tools and
resources to maximize sales and build a
thriving eBay business.

Find others who share common
interests - join an eBay Group

Get fast answers to questions in
the Answer Center.

Here, you can find eBay Sellers
share their experiences, feedback and
their most effective, time tested
strategies for success!

Ever have trouble with an eBay buyer?
A recent posting from the eBay Seller
Central Discussion Board reads:

AK buyer with an attitute -

Ebay tells us sellers to resolve
problems with buyers. How the h...
do you resolve something like this:

I am looking forward to a negative feedback
from a woman out ofAlaska. She paid for
an item, I shipped it same day (Nov.3rd)
4 days later she asked where it was.
I said, look, you paid for parcel post, you
have togive it a few days.Since I did not
hear back from her, I checked the
tracking number a few days later, parcel
is still in WA.So I figured I would be nice,
and send her the following:

Dear xxx
Good morning, I just checked with the Post
office because I noticed that your moose
head still has not arrived. They were very
apologetic, but told me they could do
nothing, since it showed to be IN WA
somewhere. They suggested to call your
Post office, give them the tracking number
and have them check for it? Or maybe it's
sitting there at their Post office, and someone
forgot to deliver it. Believe me, I had THAT
happen before.Here are the info's again:
Tracking number:420 99518 9102...
shipping date Nov.3
Hope it will show up today!
Cheers
Gabriele

So yesterday I received her answer:

I bought this item from you and paid
for it right away. It is not my
responsibility to track it down. I will
contact e-bay that I paid for this
item and never received it and will
leave that feedback.

I went into the USPS site and checked:
parcelpost to Alaska from the 48 states
takes between 3-6 weeks! The problem
is not the negative, but she will be sure
to give me one star on the star rating
all across. And I already know by all
your posts that there is not a darn
thing I can do about it.

Hexelmaedchen Replies:

Call your P.O. again and ask for a
supervisor. Tell him or her that
you have a package that hasn't been
scanned since the 9th and you want
to see if there are any other more
recent scans in their system (ones
that weren't uploaded).
My sister had this happen when a
buyer claimed non-receipt. Last scan
showed in the buyers city, she called
the P.O. and it HAD been delivered
days prior, but the info was never
uploaded. Funny enough once she
responded to the buyer with what the
P.O. had told her and that the information
on the USPS website had been updated
the buyer never emailed again.
(Not that this is what your buyer
has done)

I personally would email back with
"I'm sorry about the previous note,
I did not mean to imply you're responsible
for tracking the package down.
I went ahead and looked into it and have
been informed that it can take 3-6 weeks
for Parcel Post to AK (it's considered
"space available" mail, so if there's no
space on the truck it may sit in one
location for a little while longer). So
my worries regarding your package
were premature and hopefully
unfounded. I am also waiting to hear
back on if there are any internal
scans that aren't reflected yet on
the USPS website. This will let me
know if your package is in fact still in
WA or if it's again on it's way to you.
As soon as I get more information
I will let you know.
Thank you for your patience"

Instead of looking forward to a
negative with bad stars at least
try to salvage the situation.

Read more at the
eBay Seller Central Discussion Board

No comments: